miércoles, 29 de junio de 2022

Post 8

Hello!

Today I want to talk to you about Gothic Architecture and its amazing cathedrals.

First, why gothic architecture?

Gothic architecture got its name from the Goths, a nomadic Germanic group who fought against Roman rule in the late 300s and early 400s.

This style was made for the first time in France, creating a change of style with the Romanesque, which was characterized by having thick walls. It was a time when cultural development accelerated, and the artists of that time had the opportunity to explore structural and complex elements. It was like this when these great Cathedrals appeared.


I will tell you a little about the Cathedral of Notre Dame de Paris, which is a super visited icon and one of the oldest buildings in Paris. This construction began in 1163 and was completed in 1345. It is dedicated to Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ and is located on the Ile de la Cite, surrounded by the waters of the Seine.

It is one of my favorite Cathedrals, I really love it, the meeting is very fascinating, I imagine how its construction had to be.

I hope one day to be able to meet her, it is one of my dreams... that one day I intend to fulfill.




3 comentarios:


  1. You're right, gothic architecture is impressive, and I dream of one day being able to travel and visit Nothe Dame Cathedral.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It must be incredible to be able to be there, see every detail, so characteristic of gothic architecture :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. It is interesting to know that the architecture of that time was made with such precision and also how the churches were built for a purpose beyond putting man in the center as we are used to.

    ResponderEliminar

Post 9

 Hello Today I am talking about my favorite subject this term this is classical architecture culture I must admit that at first, I hated...